Pinterest is useful for more than just cake pop recipes and DIY’s- it can help your business grow! Viral news and entertainment websites like Buzzfeed to chain pharmacies like Walgreens have benefited from partnering with Pinterest. In fact, L’Oreal Paris’s brand favorability was boosted 27.8% by using Cinematic Pins (the pins that move when you scroll). It also boosted sales and increased referral traffic for others such as Adore Me, Etsy, Four SeasonsHotel, and Ziploc.
And you’ll want your business on Pinterest before winter rolls around since people like to pin it up around the holiday season- to the point that 67% of pinners say that Pinterest is important for their holiday planning. And pinners who engage in promoted pins, spend seven times more than the average holiday shopper.
HOW CAN PINTEREST PROMOTE MY BUSINESS?
- Promoted Pins. They’re like regular pins, but you pay for them to be featured on Pinterest to increase brand awareness. And when pinners decide to click on your promoted pin, it increases traffic to your business’s website.
- Buyable Pins. These pins allow pinners to become your customer without ever leaving Pinterest. Your business’s products would be featured with a blue “Pay” button right under the image. Pinterest doesn’t get a fraction of your sales and you still control your shipping and customer service the way you like.
- Rich Pins. They include extra info with the pin. There are 6 different types of rich pins:
• App Pins (People can download your app right then and there)
• Place Pins (map, address, and phone number available right under your thumb)
• Article Pins (giving you the author and story description)
• Product Pins (showing you real time pricing, where to buy, and availability)
• Recipe Pins (know the cooking times and ingredients needed under the image)
• Movie Pins (includes cast, ratings, and reviews to learn what’s out or coming out soon)
- Save Button. Don’t underestimate the power of the save button- it can be the most important promoter for your business. You can add the Pinterest Save button to your business’s website to give customers the option to save it to their pinterest board. Every save from your website means more people on Pinterest will see your product which leads to even more traffic referral to your website. Analytics will tell you what’s most popular from your website. All you need to know is Basic HTML to get started.
HOW DO I GET STARTED ON PINTEREST?
Pinterest isn’t going to leave you hanging. You can go to their website, and it will give you step by step instructions on how to make sure millions of eyes scrolling will see your product. You’ll have to make or convert an old account into a Business account, confirm your website, then add the save button to your website. You can also go to their Tools tab and see all the different options for promoting your product and where to get started.
By Sarah Haidar