Your Content isn’t King if Google isn’t your kingdom.
60% of all Google clicks happen in the first 3 organic results. The rest of the page and ads share the other 40% of the clicks. Less than 5% of clicks go to the second page, therefore if you aren’t on page one, you don’t exist.
Content is great, but it is a PUSH strategy. You must PUSH it out to the audience, and most of your audience is not actively looking for the service so you must CONVINCE them to choose you.
Search is amazing because it is a PULL strategy. You simply PULL people in who are looking for the service, showing through your rank that you are the BEST choice. Then your content can sell them.
Organic search is the best performing traffic source.
- Highest traffic percentage for 90% of all websites
- Highest likelihood for conversions such as form submissions
- Drives highest pages per visit
- Encourages noticeably longer website visits
- Generates the newest users
- Features lowest bounce rate of any traffic source
- Most reliable source of confirmed local traffic
- Higher ROI due to lower cost per acquisition
- The graph featured is a real salon’s Google Analytics data